Sweet Potato Butterscotch Pies
2 (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
12 frozen yam patties, thawed
2 tablespoons butterscotch morsels (about 48)
12 teaspoons dark brown sugar
6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup pecan pieces
1 large egg
2 teaspoons whole milk
6 teaspoons granulated suga
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a well-floured surface, unfold piecrusts, and cut into 24 rounds with a 4 1/2-inch metal cutter. Re-roll excess, if necessary.
3. Arrange 12 piecrust circles on baking sheet with space in-between. Place a sweet potato patty in the middle of each. Divide butterscotch morsels, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecan pieces evenly among pies.
4. Cover pies with remaining piecrusts. Crimp edges together tightly with fork or fingers. Make sure all edges are well sealed.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Brush piecrusts with egg wash, and top with sugar. Cut 3 small holes in top of each pie with a small sharp knife. Bake pies until browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pies to cooling rack, and let cool for 5 minutes.
Credits: Katie Shirkey Leithead