Sweet Potato Bundt Cake with Marmalade Ribbon
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup orange marmalade, divided
3 large eggs, divided
1 (16-ounce) can candied yams, drained, syrup reserved
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix*
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups confectioners’ suga
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ½ cup marmalade and 1 egg, and beat until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash yams until smooth. Add oil, cake mix, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ½ cup reserved syrup, and remaining 2 eggs; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Place half of the cake batter in prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Spoon marmalade filling on top, staying away from the edges of pan. Spoon remaining cake batter over marmalade.
4. Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Let cool completely.
5. In a small bowl, microwave butter until melted. Stir in vanilla, remaining ¼ cup marmalade, and confectioners’ sugar. Stir in 3 teaspoons of reserved syrup. Spread glaze over cake.
*We used Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix.