Sweet Potato and Jalapeno Soup
4 Slices of Bacon, Diced
7 Diced Jalapenos (seeds removed from all but 3)
½ Pound Diced Onion
¼ Pound Diced Carrots
¼ Pound Diced Celery
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Can Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 ½ Quarts Chicken Stock
½ Cup Cream
Cajun Shake - to taste
LA Gold Green Sauce - to taste
1. In a 5 quart stock pot, render the bacon for 10 minutes on medium heat, remove bacon and then add diced vegetables and sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat.
2. After vegetables are sautéed add the sweet potato mash and chicken stock.
3. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
4. To finish the soup remove from heat and blend with stick blender until velvety smooth, add cream and season to taste with Cajun Shake and LA Gold green sauce.
5. Garnish with slice green onions and rendered bacon.