DessertsBack to Recipes
- Appetizers & Snacks
- Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest
- Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
Bruce's Sweet Potato Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
Yields: 10 to 12
1 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Pinch of salt
3 Large eggs, beaten to blend
2/3 Cup Bruce's Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Cup chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
2 Tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Butter a 13x9x5/8-inch jelly roll or sheet pan. Line pan with waxed paper; butter paper.
3. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in eggs and pumpkin then fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 20 to 30 minutes. 5
5. Lay kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake.
6. Turn out cake onto sugared towel, waxed-paper side up. Fold 1 side of towel over 1 long side of cake, and then roll up cake jelly roll style. Cool cake.
7. Combine cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl; beat to blend. Mix in walnuts.
8. Unroll cake; leave on towel. Peel off paper.
9. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cake. Using the towel for support roll up the cake and place seam side down on platter.
10. Trim ends of cake. Dust cake with powdered sugar. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
11. Cut cake crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bruce Foods