Magnolia Sweet Potatoes & Roasted Peaches With Southern Pecan Streusel
1 (6 pound) can Louisiana sweet potatoes, drained
6 Louisiana peaches
1/2 Cup Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
¾ Cup unsalted butter, in all
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1/4 Orange flower honey
1/16 Cup orange zest, finely grated
1 Tablespoon finely grated orange zest
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 & 1/2 Cups coarsely chopped Louisiana pecans
¾ Cup brown sugar
½ Cup all purpose flour
½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly spray a baking pan with non stick vegetable cooking spray. Cut the peaches into quarters, removing the pits, and place onto the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until the peaches are fully roasted.
3. Allow the peaches to cool, and remove their skins. Leave the oven on. Place the sweet potatoes and peaches into a mixing bowl.
4. To the bowl add the mascarpone cheese, 1/4 cup of the butter, maple syrup and honey. Mash the ingredients using a potato masher until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the orange zest and salt, and combine.
5. Spray a 10 cup casserole baking dish with non stick vegetable cooking spray and evenly spoon the sweet potato mixture into the dish.
6. In a mixing bowl combine the pecans, brown sugar and flour, add the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and cinnamon and mix until the streusel is crumbly in texture.
7. Evenly spread the streusel over the top of the baking dish, place the casserole into the 350 degree oven and bake an additional 25-30 minutes until the sweet potato filling is hot.
Credits: Michael Watz.