Bruce’s Sweet Potato Soup
2 9oz Bruce's Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 (32 oz) Box Chicken Stock
1 Medium Onion Diced
4 Cloves Garlic Diced
1 Bell Pepper Diced
2 Tablespoons Casa Fiesta Diced Jalapenos
1. Gently pour in mashed sweet potatoes in a 2 1/2 quart stock pot and cover with chicken stock, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Dice the onion, garlic, and bell pepper then sauté with jalapenos until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add sautéed vegetables to stock pot and cooked for 15 minutes remove from heat.
4. Place all ingredients in a blender with about half of the chicken stock and puree until velvety smooth, you may have to add more chicken stock if necessary.
5. Once the mixture is smooth pour it back into the stock pot and over low heat bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid burning for about 10-12 minutes and serve.
Credits: Recipe courtesy of Bruce Foods