Bruce's Sweet Potato Cookies with Vanilla Glaze
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup Bruce's Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 medium egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare the cookies: Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add sweet potato and egg and beat well.
3. In a separate large bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients. Add to pumpkin mixture, beating to blend.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and flatten into cookie shapes. Place on parchment-covered backing sheet and bake until light golden, 9 to 11 minutes. Remove and cool.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the icing: Combine brown sugar, milk, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla until smooth.
6. When cookies are slightly cooled, glaze the icing over the tops and allow too cool completely before serving.
Credits: Recipe courtesy of Bruce Foods