Bruce's Sweet Pecan Ice Cream
1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 (12 oz) Cans Evaporated Milk
1 Quart Heavy Cream
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
10 Egg Yolks
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
1lb. Bruce's Mashed Sweet Potato
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1. In a medium saucepan, bring milk, cream, and vanilla to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
3. Gradually whisk cream mixture into egg-yolk mixture while whisking to avoid cooking the eggs.
4. Add sweet potato mash and place boil over a pot with boiling water stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon (do not boil or it will curdle).
5. Remove saucepan from heat; refrigerate custard until well chilled, at least 2 hours, but no more than overnight.
6. Freeze in ice cream maker as directed by manufacturer. Just before mixture begins to freeze add the chopped pecans.
Credits: Recipe courtesy of Bruce Foods