Barbacoa Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 onion, small diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1/2 sweet onion, small diced
Juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno pepper, small diced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
3 pkgs (20 oz each) Alexia Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt & Black Pepper, heated
1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans, heated
2 cups crumbled queso fresco
1 cup sliced green onions
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Place all ingredients except beef in slow cooker, mix.
- Add beef and turn it over once to coat. Then cook on high for 5 hours.
- Once cooked, pull apart using 2 forks until shredded while still in slow cooker. Keep warm.
- Place all ingredients into blender and pulse 4 to 6 times on high until slightly chunky. Keep cool.
- Place heated fries on a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper, or in 10 individual bowls lined with parchment paper and top fries with heated refried beans, shredded beef, salsa, queso fresco, green onions and cilantro leaves.
Credits: Recipe developed by Chef Billy Parisi on behalf of Hunt's, Alexia and Rosarita
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 5-6 hours